Home » Sports » Cricket » Conor McGregor: Dana White doubles down on his recent Notorious claim | UFC | Sport
Cricket

Conor McGregor: Dana White doubles down on his recent Notorious claim | UFC | Sport

McGregor, 29, hasn’t set foot inside the Octagon since claiming the UFC lightweight title in November 2016, much to the frustration of many in the 155lbs division.

Earlier this week, White cast doubt over the UFC lightweight champion’s future in the sport by admitting the payday he received for his August boxing match with Floyd Mayweather Jr could be enough for the Irishman to hang up his gloves.

“Conor might never fight again,” White told reporters during a media lunch at UFC HQ on Tuesday. 

“The guy’s got $100 f*****g million.

“I’ve got guys that made less than that and were lawyers and went to school their whole life and quit working.”

The topic of McGregor’s future came up during the UFC 218 post-fight press conference, which saw a reporter ask White about the possibility of ‘The Notorious’ having a rematch with Max Holloway, who defeated Jose Aldo in the main event of the UFC’s penultimate PPV card of the year.

White’s response saw him double down on the shocking statement he made a few days ago.

“Again, like I said last week to everybody who was at my office, who knows if Conor is even going to fight again,” he said.

“I’m rolling like he’s not.”

Should McGregor come back and defend his lightweight title, White admits there’s a possibility the pair could one day have a rematch.

He added: “If Conor comes back and defends the title, anything is possible.”

Should McGregor decide to return to the UFC, his first fight back in the promotion is expected to be a lightweight title unification fight with interim 155lbs champion Tony Ferguson.

Source link