The fifth edition of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) is edging closer and new updates are coming in with each passing day.
After the announcement of players available for selection a couple of days ago, the PSL management has also revealed the salary cap for each category.
The salary cap will determine how much players will earn:
- Base Price: Rs. 23 million ($147,000)
- Maximum Price: Rs. 34 million ($218,000)
- Each team can pick 3 players from this category with no more than two local or foreigners.
- Base Price: Rs. 11.5 million ($73,000)
- Maximum Price: Rs. 16 million ($103,000)
- Teams can choose 3 players from this category as well
- Base Price: Rs. 6.9 million ($44,000)
- Maximum Price: Rs. 8.9 million ($58,000)
- Total of 3 players can be chosen from this category by each franchise
- Base Price: Rs. 2.4 million ($15,000)
- Maximum Price: Rs. 5.4 million ($35,000)
- Franchises can choose 5 players from this category
- Base Price: Rs. 1 million ($6,500)
- Maximum Price: Rs. 1.5 million ($9,500)
- Each franchise can sign up to 2 emerging players
The salary caps for PSL 2020 have been reduced for some categories but the board has not presented an explanation for that.