But, Twitter being Twitter took New Year’s resolutions for 2018 and gave them a millennial twist. Using the hashtag #MillennialNewYearResolutions, Twitterati started posting their take on what millennials may resolve to do in 2018. And, as the kids these days say, oh, was there shade. Netizens joked about everything from millennials’ penchant for fidget spinners to their obsession with their smartphones.
We rounded up 10 of the funnest millennial New Year resolutions. Take a look:
There were plenty of jokes made about millennials’ addiction of sorts to technology.
Looking up from my phone 30 seconds every day. #MillennialNewYearResolutions
– Alan Rhodes (@Protogenes1) December 15, 2017
#MillennialNewYearResolutions Interact with a human in person
– Jeff (@JeffHendrix88) December 15, 2017
And, of course, millennials’ perceived love-hate relationship with all things career-related.
Only go to work on odd numbered days because they can’t even #MillennialNewYearResolutions
– Scott Williams (@jswilliams1962) December 15, 2017
Get my parents better jobs to support me. #MillennialNewYearResolutions
– craig onetweetwonder (@craigflynn1) December 15, 2017
Stop saying no to offers so much and start saying yasss #MillennialNewYearResolutions
– Luke, Deft (@LukeWheeler01) December 15, 2017
Create like 6 or 7 start ups and retire
– tribetraveler (@tribetraveler) December 15, 2017
“Adulting is hard” may just be the most overused phrase in millennial-speak.
Resolve to really try my bestest to adult next year #MillennialNewYearResolutions
– MikealaSunshine (@Alohababe2011) December 15, 2017
Fidget spinners trump caffeine?
Drop the fidget spinners and resort to black coffee.#MillennialNewYearResolutions
– Daniel Hopkins (@IamDHop) December 15, 2017
Helicopter parents, you’ve got us for life
I will continue to save my parents from suffering the pain of empty nest syndrome. You’re welcome Mom &/or Dad. #MillennialNewYearResolutions
– Pat Mac McKenzie (@pat_4291_mac) December 16, 2017
To be honest, we have always wanted to know what “fleek” actually means
Finally find out what Fleek means.
– Kerry Waysman (@KerryWaysman) December 15, 2017
Have you started thinking of your own New Year’s resolutions for 2018? Let us know what they are and how you plan to keep them in the comments section below.
Happy New Year!
Click for more trending news